Thursday, September 16, 2010

Dog Daze

Since the beginning of summer, Charlie and I decided we would like to become members of the dog park. What a grand idea this was. Whoever came up with the idea to start a dog park is a genius. They have baby pools, toys, water bowls, and even a campfire for the mommy's and the daddy's of all the "kids" for when it gets cold. (We have yet to experience those). Yes, I refer to the humans as the mommy's and the daddy's because they all treat their dogs as if they were their own children, including me! I'm pretty sure Charlie has it engraved in his mind that when I get home from work it's time to go there. I can't even say the words "Dog Park" without his wavy little ears cocking to one side or the other. So now, I have to refer to it as the "DP", which of course, in no time he will  catch on to the meaning, because after all he is half poodle. My parents and I joke about how we could write a book on all the different dogs and their unique personalities. Some are shy, some are outgoing, some are trouble makers, some are dominant, some are clumsy, some like attention. Charlie has found his strength. He knows he is much faster than all of the others, so he antagonizes them by getting right up in their  faces and  barks, as if to say " come try and catch me!" Of course, none of the other dogs could ever out run him, so he always walks away feeling like a winner (and of course he is in my book.)
This is one of Charlie's newest friends. Her name is Paddington, also known as "Patty". She is a two year old Goldendoodle who is MUCH larger than Charlie Ray but thinks she is as small as he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment