Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Conley Girl

It's hard to believe it's been a year now since our beloved family Golden Retriever took her last breath of life. It was in the midst of all the hustle and bustle of moving into my place when I got the call. I knew she wasn't feeling good that morning when I was packing up my room. Never did she turn down a carrot for a treat, or lay in bed all day long, not even to go potty outside. As she laid in her bed, I laid right beside her on the floor, kissing her head and stroking her belly.  She didn't ever look up at me, but I just knew she could feel my love and comfort beside her. 
I am so grateful we didn't have to make the decision on taking her to the vet to be put down. She went gracefully, surrounded by my parents in the comfort of her own home. It was almost like she was holding on until the next chapter of my life started. For those of you that don't believe that dogs go to heaven, you are so wrong. Conley will be waiting my arrival when I get home and I so anxiously await that very day. 
You would think I was talking about a family member that passed away by the way I write, but that is exactly how I felt. Conley was a big part of our family since I was young, and will be the best dog I EVER have (sorry Charlie). 

She will forever be in our hearts.

2 comments:

  1. There will be none that will ever match Conley's loving & loyal ways. She was a God Dog all the way and never to be forgotten by anyone who has ever met her. Still love you Conley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me cry! I loved Conley! She is playing around with boen up in heaven and Jesus is giving her carrots! :)

    ReplyDelete