Saturday, November 13, 2010

One Year Anniversary

A year ago today I woke up with pure excitement of the events that were to unfold. Owning my own home was always on the list of To Do's, but never did I think it would be crossed off so soon. After countless number of hours, days, weeks, and months of my Dad and I doing our homework together, I finally came across the perfect place.

Although the place I bought was older and needed a little "updating" I was blessed to be able to move in to a clean, well kept home. The previous owner was a single, 90 year old woman who never married, had kids, or pets. Pretty sure she had to have been the cleanest lady in the United States, if not world... she even ironed her dish rags! 
 That's me stripping wallpaper. I was so determined that week to get everything done, I have never worked so hard in my life!

I thought I would share a few before and after pictures with everyone.
Before Kitchen
After Kitchen
(Stripped wallpaper, put in new appliances and flooring)
 Before Living/Dining Room
 After Living/Dining Room
(Painted, put up crown and base molding) 
 Before Guest Bathroom Before
 Guest Bathroom After
(I have re done this bathroom about 3-4 times since I've moved in, but I think I'm happy with it now)

It's hard to believe it's already been a year since moving in, but I love my place and feel extremely blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Tess, Im pretty sure my mom has that exact same shabby chic window at our house! haha! :)

    ReplyDelete