Thursday, September 30, 2010

Burfday Pwesent.

My sweet, innocent, loving, little puppy has a birthday this Sunday. In fact, it is not JUST a birthday, it is his 1st birthday. I really do feel like a mom who is in awe of how fast their child grows up. So as a "momma" to my Charlie Ray, I couldn't resist giving him just ONE birthday present a few days early...
I was going to post a picture of the present itself, but A. Charlie wouldn't let me take it away from him, and B. It may have made a few of you gag by the looks of it.  What could it be? You guessed it, one of those messy, greasy, slimy, multi colored, bigger than Charlie's head, funky looking bones from some poor large animals knee.
Now, the sweetest part about this story was last night. I gave the bone to him right before bed as I was cleaning up. This was not the smartest idea by any means.  He saw that thing, and his eyes and mind were glued. Mind you, he sleeps in his crate at night still. Around 3am, I heard his paw hit the crate ( this is his way of saying, "Mom, I would like to get out of here now") . I thought for sure he had to be let out to go potty, but no... that little booger went straight for the bone. Then, 6am comes around, ( I was thinking he definitely had to go potty this time), out of his cage he went, straight to the bone. So pretty much, Charlie Ray loves his birthday present and acted like a child who was too excited about his new gift and couldn't sleep.  Hey, I'm thrilled about it too...because now I can blog and not be bothered! Oh what a good few days this will be...wait.... I don't think he has gone potty at all yet! Better run...

No comments:

Post a Comment