Thursday, September 23, 2010

Cheap Thrills.

About a month ago, while driving to a flea market, my mom, aunt, and I stumbled upon the most charming barn house. We had to make a u-turn in their drive way (oh darn) and we all just gawked at how darling it was. I  could have called it a day right then and there and taken a tour of the place instead!  I recently saw that she was having a barn sale and had to stop. Now, I must admit, I am learning that there is a fine line between shabby chic and country. I think I am somewhere in between. I find myself being drawn to anything vintage that shows wear and tear, preferably with white chipped paint please. Oh ya, back to the barn house story. I don't know where I will put all of the items I bought, but I'll do some rearranging to make sure it all works. Here are just two of the many trinkets I found that struck my fancy...the rest? Well, you will just have to check back to find out...
I bought a few old books that showed a lot of wear and tear. It made my imagination wonder...whose hands held these books? How old were they when they bought them? Where have these books traveled to? Are the people that bought them still living? 
 These pages came out of an old photo album. Some of these pictures were taken in 1911. On the backs of them were letters written to a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment