Friday, December 3, 2010

Cabernet and Pine Needles.

Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat, please put a penny in the old man's hat. 
Believe it or not, I put together my Christmas tree all alone this year. First time for everything, right? A little Cabernet, pine needle candle, and classical Christmas music was my companion this time around.
To be quiet honest with ya, it was very relaxing. Dad wasn't standing behind me telling me I'm putting the tree together wrong, mom wasn't complaining about dad just standing there not doing anything, and Charlie Ray sat and watched patiently  off to the side as the lights twinkled from a distance. I must say, it is much more rewarding putting it up all by yourself once it is all said and done. For the most part, it wasn't that difficult to match all the colors together ( mind you, this is a fake tree from Michaels, have yet to ever have a real Christmas tree), spruce out the branches, and string some lights and burlap (duh) on it. However, as I was taking the tree out of the bag I remembered last year at this time, my dad broke the base of the tree and tried duct taping it together. So naturally, this tree has a tendency to lean to the right.... my wheels started turning, I felt like pioneer woman over here by getting out the twine I used in my Christmas cards to rope this thing down somehow. Yep! It worked, I rock, I did it. All alone. I may have done a victory dance or two around the first floor.  After all that, I was too tired to even try and take a picture of it.

So stay tuned for a picture of the tree..
 and Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you got to expierence this little treasure of putting up your tree with little Char and little Cab. There is a little warm magic that comes out of that Christmas Tree.

    ReplyDelete