Thursday, December 2, 2010

Falling Bugs.

Yesterday morning as I was getting ready for work, I noticed Charlie Ray barking profusely at something out the window. This really wasn't too big of a shocker to me, an occasional squirrel or bunny might pass by that he likes to give a shout out to, but he would not let his brain and eyes off the subject he had in mind this time. With dripping wet hair and a robe tied tight around me, I bundled up and attached his leash so he could show me what it was he wanted. As I looked out, I noticed it was snowing! The very first snow fall of the season!! Although I brought Charlie home last February when there was snow on the ground, I'm pretty sure that little cavapoo brain of his forgot all about it. The minute I let him out the door he was jumping into the air trying to catch the snowflakes. Mom and I came to the conclusion later in the evening that he probably thought they were little bugs falling from the sky (stretch your imagination with us). After all, he is my little bug catcher around the house.
Finally, after about five solid freezing minutes outside, and a head full of frozen hair, we headed back inside. He ran right underneath the covers, only to try and keep those heavy eyes open to watch the snow fall to the ground out my bedroom window. 
To say the least, it made my morning. 
It's the simple things in life that count.

No comments:

Post a Comment