Thursday, January 20, 2011

Poached Pears

Anyone tired of me posting recipes on my blog yet? Hope not, because you are about to get another one. 
Straight atchya!
 Any recipe that uses the word "wine" usually catches my eye and automatically makes me think it's going to be pretty snazzy. Also, a recipe with the word wine in it  means I get to drink while cooking, and those two lethal combination's make for a great turnout.
When I first saw this recipe on the Food Network, I wasn't so sure about it... wine, pears, cinnamon, cloves, and oranges? But I'm glad my parents taught me the meaning behind try it before you knock it.
It's the perfect blend of winter spices.
Add a little vanilla ice cream on the side and you have yourself a healthy, winter dessert!
 HERE is the recipe if you're willing to try it.

2 comments:

  1. These have an amazingly unique flavor! Keep these great recipes coming please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, keep them coming! I love food posts. these are gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete