Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Sassy Water

It started a little over six months ago when my suv which I love so dearly, wouldn't start for the life of me! What does a girl with no experience working on cars do in a situation like this? Simple... give the old Pops (My Dad) a buzz to come over and fix the problem. Ten minutes later he's at the garage door with cables in hand all ready to get this baby going again. 

Unfortunately, the issue wasn't that the battery had died, but that it had lots of built up acid on it. Solution to this problem: my beloved diet coke I drank religiously. After pouring a couple tablespoons of soda on the battery, I watched in disbelief as it quickly dissolved and ate away all the acid. 

This was my defining moment...

I couldn't help but be completely disgusted and blown away by the fact that it not only ate away at the acid, but after doing research, found that it eats away at the calcium in your bones too! Ew- no thanks.  I have not had a sip of soda since this incident and am proud of it. My face has cleared up, I have shed a few pounds, and I feel so refreshed. I certainly don't tell this story to brag, I tell it so that everyone is aware of the damage it causes your body.
 
Solution? Water Water Water! Think water is  boring? Try this recipe I found inside the book "Flat Belly Diet" called  

 Sassy Water
2 liters water
1 tsp fresh, grated ginger
12 mint leaves
1 cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
1 lemon, thinly sliced

Do you feel refreshed yet?

1 comment: