Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Almond Cake

Almond Cake Anyone? 
Can I just tell you that I had such a craving for anything almond all day yesterday!
It all started with my almond flavored Nature Valley granola bar (you know, the ones that you can't eat without a net of some sort under it because they are so darn crumby)  for breakfast and ended with me staying up past my bed time to bake this delicious cake.
What a great start to my day today!

Almond Cake

ingredients:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup almond paste
1 1/2 sticks (6 ounces) unsalted butter - softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 large eggs
1/4 cup powdered sugar

directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8-inch round cake pan.
2. Combine flour and baking powder and set aside.
3. Mix together almond paste and butter until smooth. Add sugar and beat until fluffy.
4. Add eggs and vanilla extra and beat until well combined. Add flour mixture until just blended.
5. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes or until the top springs back when touched in the center.

So much for my post vacation diet!

1 comment:

  1. I'll be making this Almond Cake this morning...I can almost smell it!

    ReplyDelete