Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Nevada

If you've missed me this past week, I missed you too!
Being out of town and out of my daily routine of coffee and blogging really threw me for a little loop.
No need to fear, because I will be residing in my normal place of residency where I write to you all until the end of April. Then I will be blogging from a place where I will be enjoying the sand in between my toes and a margarita in my hand.
(not to rub it in or anything)
  But for now, let's talk!
Feels good to be home. 
After a week in Nevada for a work conference, my own bed was calling my name.
Don't get me wrong, I had a wonderful experience and so did those darn slot machines that ate my money.  
 But sometimes we just need to break away from our daily routine and enter into a new world for awhile.
It felt great to do so in a place where spring felt like it had already sprung.
The lights, the mountains, the food, and the entertainment were all so overwhelming that when I returned I felt like I lived in a no mans land. Flat buildings, flat fields, but far from a flat tummy.
Now it's back to reality and I am ready for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment