Sunday, March 20, 2011

Jewelry Stand

It's only right if it stormed on the first day of Spring, right?
Rainy Days filled with hail, lightning, and thunder call for a little indoor organizing. 
The jewelry drawer in my dresser (wow, say that 10 times fast) was almost spilling over with beads and clasps.  And to be honest with you, I don't wear but a few basic sterling silver pieces on a regular basis. I'm pretty simple like that. I've been wanting to clean out that drawer for quite some time now but put it on the back burner until today. 

They say scents are usually what trigger old memories, but I would have to say jewelry falls into this category as well. There's a time and place for each piece. That old belly button ring I wore throughout my high school/college days had my brain flooding with memories but it was shoved to the back just waiting to be retired. 
Seems as if I don't see my jewelry, I forget about it and never wear it. How about you?
Not only did I retire the bling bling belly ring, but several other pieces were thrown out (thrift store) and I was able to organize the rest.
Here's an idea if you are feeling the same way I did.

Homemade Jewelry Stand
{I do not proclaim to be the worlds best teacher when it comes to tutorials so bare with me.}


Have fun with it!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely Tessa!! Now, help me come up with something cute to house my daughters 30-some post earrings and barrettes! :)

    ReplyDelete