Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Art of the matter.


A little bit of Northern air always does the body and soul good.  Of course with a little bit of wine and close friends and family to go along with it. I hope everyone had a relaxing Memorial Day weekend and took some time to remember the fallen soldiers that gave us our freedom so that we would be able to enjoy all that this land has to offer. This past weekend made me even more thankful for those that fought on our behalf, because I was able to soak in a relaxing vacation with a sense of freedom in a little place that really is a world of its own... Door County, WI.
Just about everything you touch, taste, or smell has to do with cherries. Which, in my mind just screams summer is here! 
From white pebbled beaches, to exotic colored forest, to breath taking sunsets, God was shining in all His Glory.
 Everyone just seemed at ease up there. No McDonald's, no Target, no Chili's Restaurant... which means no hustle and bustle, only leaving room for pure relaxation and nature to enjoy. I do realize I talk about the fact that life goes fast quite a bit on here, but I was reminded once again how true that statement really is. When we remove ourselves from our mundane lifestyles, and take the time to look around us, we find that His art surrounds us everywhere we go. It was nice to be able  to focus on that this weekend in a place where my every day life style didn't really exist. 
We all need this once in awhile, don't we?
Happy Short Week My Dear Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment