Saturday, March 26, 2011

Bridal Shower

Ring the Bells, Tighten the Gown, Wedding Season is home bound!
If I may take a moment to be Miss Sappy Pants to tell you how happy I am for 4 of my close friends to be getting married all within a few months of each other. The second to be wed is my
  dear friend Kelly whom I have remained friends with since the 5th grade. I have mixed emotions about the idea if I can be honest with you. No, she isn't moving out of state, or even out of the city we both grew up in, but she's moving into the heart of her soul mate, forever. The man she's marrying is one I couldn't have picked better for her if I could have picked one myself. But it doesn't change the fact that a part of me will leave with them after they tie the knot. Without saying too much more (in fear I won't have anything left for the speech on the actual day), I want to say that I am so happy for her (and all my girl friends who are getting married) and have been enjoying this process of being her MOH (maid of honor) while it's lasting.
  {Side Note: you better believe I ate some of that cake above}
Her soon to be mother-in-law threw a beautiful shower for her this afternoon. One game, if you want to call it that, we participated in was the advice giving game. The married woman went around the table sharing advice to the soon to be bride. My ears perked up as I listened intently for future advice for myself  someday as well as a reminder for Kelly when she calls me up complaining Scott didn't put the cap back on the toothpaste. One ladies advice really touched me when she said, " Divorce should never be in your vocabulary. Of course there are ups and downs, your looks will change, your location will change, your salary will change, but always remember this moment you are in now... you are in love." 
Good advice for all soon to be brides!
If she had a "like" button attached to her, I would have pressed it.
{ After being the only one behind my camera for the most part, I forgot to show someone how to focus when I handed them my 7 pound brick. oops!}

I will leave you with this line out of one of my favorite love songs by Little Big Town:
"To know you is to know love and to know love is to know enough."

Now off to get ready for a night of celebration for another bride-to-be :)

No comments:

Post a Comment