Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Oatmeal Cookie

The perfect oatmeal cookie.

Buying groceries has always been on my "not so fun" list.  I would rather take my $100.00 and shop at Ann Taylor for a new sweater or slacks(who still uses this word?) Yesterday I found myself craving a good homemade cookie... Something about the smell of freshly baked cookies while snow is falling down outside had me more than excited. I skimmed through a couple recipes and came across this one. Best part about it was I didn't have to step foot outside of my cozy home to buy the ingredients! Score! 

How to make your own Oatmeal Cookies:
Ingredients:
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
 1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3 cups quick cooking oats

Directions:
1. In a medium bowl, cream together butter, white sugar, and brown sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon: stir into the creamed mixture. Mix in oats. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease cookie sheets. Roll the dough into walnut sized balls, and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.Flatten each cookie with a large spoon dipped in sugar.
3. Bake for 8-10 minutes in preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.


Top it off with a good cup of coffee and enjoy.

Simply Delightful!

No comments:

Post a Comment